Dr Ku's Ointment

All Natural

Insect Bites

Insect Bites/Stings

Personal Care, Wounds, Insect BitesJeremy Mascarenas

An insect sting or insect bite pokes a hole in the skin and injects venom composed of proteins and other substances that may trigger reactions from immediate pain, redness, swelling, and itching at the sting site to an allergic reaction in the victim.

Insects do not usually attack unless they are provoked. Most bites and stings are defensive as the insects sting to protect their hives or nests. The most common insect stings/bites are by bees, wasps, and ants. It is important to note that no specific antivenom is available to counteract the poison injected by the insect.

Bee Stings: When the domestic honey bee stings, it loses the entire injection apparatus (stinger), and actually dies shortly after the sting.

Ants: Fire ants inject their venom by using their mandibles (the biting parts of their jaw) and rotating their bodies. They may inject venom many times. Bites from a fire ant typically produce a pustule, or a pimple-like sore, that is extremely itch and painful.

You should seek immediate medical care if you experience an alleric reaction (a large skin rash, a large swelling around the sting site, if swelling or pain persists for more than 72 hours) or if you notice any of the following signs, which may indicate a serious or even potentially life-threatening allergic reaction:

  •  Wheezing or difficulty breathing
  • Tightness in throat or chest
  • Swelling of the lips
  • Dizziness or fainting
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Rapid Heartbeat

But for the majority of people who do not experience allergic reactions to insect bites and/or stings once the stinger has been removed, the properties of the medicinal oils in Dr. Ku's Ointment can provide a one-stop treatment. Find out more below!